Wanna go to Arq and just get fucked - Part 1
Currently coming down from a huge night/morning at Arq. Took two pills in halves over 4 hours. Hallucination central. It was such an awesome night. We hit the Shift downstairs to start, at around midnight. It was pretty shit. There was some good music, but the space on the dancefloor was minimal. The crowd just wasn't right. So we pushed onto Arq.I had hesitation about going to Arq, since it was the place where I had my one and only really bad pilling experience. So I went with caution, limiting our intake, and making a rule that no one was to source from within the club. The rules were abided by. And we all had a great time.
Freddy and Simon were off their tits within 30 minutes of being in Arq. Every time I'd run into Freddy, he'd scream at me like we were lost brothers, and proceed to hug me, tell me that he loves me, and then commence some sort of crazy massage technique on my back. No one could escape his grasp. It was hysterical. Simon looked amazingly happy. Everything was nice to him. 'This is so nice' was his catchphrase of the evening. 'Nice'? I don't think anyone would have ever before described Arq as being 'nice'.
Lisa and Mega, two of Freddy's close friends also joined us out at Arq, I didn't realise they were coming, but as soon as I saw them outside the Shift, I knew we'd have a good time. I loved dancing with Mega, she was like Paulini mixed with every other black Diva. She had the hair, the moves, the body, she was awesome.When we entered Arq, they started playing a fucking amazing version of Rihanna's 'S.O.S.'. There was a part where the beat just broke completely down, becoming much like a pummelling stone on a construction site. Soon after, Madonna's 'Get Together' came on. I really liked the version that they played, it wasn't too far from the original, though the beat was a lot dirtier and the vocals were syncopated against the beat. I was feeling really drained after standing forever at the Shift, and felt like I was going to collapse, so Chalks and I went to sit behind the stage and chill. I messaged Brad, and got him to come over from Palms where he lost his Rolex. No, not a Folex. A Rolex.
Freddy, Dafi, Mega, Lisa found Andrew and I on the dancefloor, and Freddy encouraged me to teach them a part of the routine from Madonna's 'Hung Up'. Never resisting a challenge (any dance related), I agreed, and before too long, all of us were side stepping, crossing our arms, and clapping. It was hot. It was hilarious. We looked like a crazy Asian dance troupe taking over the Arq floor.


1 Comments:
that would have been one of the best nights out.
Post a Comment
<< Home