The Punk Revelations

Your phrases | Descriptive | And through the textured words | With beauty | You post it | And use such coloured verbs | So tell me | You think that | Maybe we've gone insane | To find a lover | And through the words of pain | We've never met

 

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Neon Nights

I've titled this blog Neon Nights a) in reference to the best Euro-pop album in history, which is so appropriate as Dannii releases her greeaaashest hits this week, and b) because I'm turning into an insomniac. And anyone who has known me for long enough would know that insomnia is something I haven't suffered from in quite some time. Not so much insomnia, moreso just a fucked up body clock.

I collapsed on my bed this afternoon, which I guess was a good sign that my body was screaming 'slow-the-fuck-down, you're killing me!' And after some freaky ass dreams about BJ and after Chalks coming into the house and preparing dinner, I awoke and stumbled downstairs. I felt my body just cave in and I collapsed on the couch. Erin and Chalks were both engrossed in their own activities (Chalks creaming himself over the Le Creuset and dying over the kitchen state, and Erin sorting out....something boring and academic), so I decided to just sit there and meditate, occasionally bursting into song as my iPod (Yay! It's up and running again!) chimed through the living room.

We had an awesome dinner. Chalks as per usual, fretted over the ingredients and failed to recognise his perfection. Erin made weird conversation about Chalks' 'George' and the plastic pockets. I just sat there drinking the Pinot Noir from New Zealand. Joseph brought home some boy who's only saving characteristic was his interest in my interest in Janet. They shagged, he left....

Sorry. Carmel's sleeping in my bed tonight. I gotta go.

Back....it's Wednesday morning now. She didn't end up sleeping in my room.

We all sat there talking about life and sex and why some people are more attuned to being more sexually compatible with others. During the course of this conversation I started washing up after dinner. And then scrubbed the kitchen benches clean like a steel-wool nazi. As I was cleaning, I wondered when the last time it was that the house was cleaned thoroughly, and then it got me thinking about who lived there decades before me, and then I wondered whether I could contact the Census records from the ABS and find out who lived here 99 years ago... Bloody census night, it's a conspiracy.

Anyway, I don't really know where I'm going with this, but yeah... It was a great night.


posted by Christopher at 8:22 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

About Me

My Photo
Name: Christopher
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

View my complete profile

Previous Posts

  • No Deja Vu Just Me And My....
  • Smoking Cigarettes
  • Crazy In Fuckin' Love. Word.
  • What’s the point of wearing someone else’s skin?
  • That's hot babe!
  • Mulan's Decision
  • A defining moment will come
  • The good and the bad
  • Empty thoughts
  • Ahh dear. The days of being a Roy boy.

Archives

  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • October 2006
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • May 2007

// Now if I wrote you a love note / and made you smile with every word I wrote / What would you do? //


Everybody says // Nothing comes too easy // But when you got it baby // Nothing comes too hard