The Punk Revelations

Your phrases | Descriptive | And through the textured words | With beauty | You post it | And use such coloured verbs | So tell me | You think that | Maybe we've gone insane | To find a lover | And through the words of pain | We've never met

 

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Wanna go to Arq and just get fucked - Part 2

Fuck. Monday morning and I've got Paris in my head again. Jesus. I should call this blog 'The Paris Revelations'.

Chalks was winging yesterday that he didn't have as many 'fun' hallucinations at Arq as I did. Haha. Crazy boy. Though there were some good ones. Chalks and I both experienced seeing people wearing glasses, and personally I thought everyone had chosen really really bad glasses. None of them sat right, and they all had really fucked up shaped lenses. Really unattractive. There was one point where we were sitting outside the main room with Brad and thought that there was a coffee table around the chairs, so we're both trying to get around the coffee table, or put our feet up on it, when there was actually nothing there. So tragic.

A few times I reached out to grab something that wasn't there, the most embarrassing being while I was on the podium and stopped dancing to grab -something fucked up, I can't remember- then realising there was nothing there and putting my face in my hands and saying to myself, 'Fuck, how embarrassing, I'm hallucinating on a podium at Arq' but then I realised I'm surely not the first, and wouldn't be the last.

I was on the podium on my own... Or maybe Dafi was with me... I'm not too sure. Brad, Chalks, Freddy and Simon and the girls were around the podium, all just chilling. Freddy, Simon and the girls were contemplating going home. It was about 6am. Then, it was all over. Mariah came on. 'Don't Forget About Us'. It was Mariah at Arq, and I was on a podium. So hot right now. Freddy, Simon, Daniel and the girls headed home after that. It wouldn't been such a perfect ending to the night for Simon, a fellow avid-Mariah lover.

Chalks, Brad and I hung out for a few more hours, with the upstairs club closing at 8am. The last song was Heather Smalls 'Proud'. It was so loud, and so powerful, I knew I had to dance. That song has so much meaning to me. Not because of the lyrical content, but because of the love that B had for it. I almost cried. I do miss him, but I thought it felt more like a tear over closure. I know I'll see him grow more and more. I so want to see the person he becomes.

I look into the window of my mind

Reflections of the fears I know I've left behind

I step out of the ordinary

I can feel my soul ascending

I'm on my way

Can't stop me now

And you can do the same

There's so much I want to get out of Sydney. I expect so much from this city. I don't know why. It's just a place. It's an alternative Melbourne. It's like my second blog. It's a place that allows me to do everything I can't elsewhere. At night, it's a haven for me to wash everything clean. During the day, it becomes a reflective nightmare. Hyde Park. Uh. I've gotta get away from the computer for a bit. Be back soon... maybe.

posted by Christopher at 5:30 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

About Me

My Photo
Name: Christopher
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

View my complete profile

Previous Posts

  • Wanna go to Arq and just get fucked - Part 1
  • Desire is such a beautiful word.
  • Cruising Dark Clouds
  • Parkville Penthouse
  • Luurrve.
  • An Asian Rhythm Nation
  • Friday Night St. Jerome's
  • I saw a new heaven / and a new earth

Archives

  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • October 2006
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • May 2007

// Now if I wrote you a love note / and made you smile with every word I wrote / What would you do? //


Everybody says // Nothing comes too easy // But when you got it baby // Nothing comes too hard