The Punk Revelations

Your phrases | Descriptive | And through the textured words | With beauty | You post it | And use such coloured verbs | So tell me | You think that | Maybe we've gone insane | To find a lover | And through the words of pain | We've never met

 

Thursday, August 10, 2006

This Is My Show

Ahhh. This is the shit. After reading some blog entry on a hip hop blog about the next Janet single, I stumbled across a review for the new Beyonce track. 'Ring The Alarm'. I downloaded a radio rip from Limewire, and let me tell you.... It's crazy. Really crazy. This is stuff you haven't ever heard from Beyonce. It's the insecure-psycho-Beyonce-meets-Christina's-'Fighter'-meets-Destiny's-Child's-
'Survivor'-meets-Kelis'-'I-Hate-You-So-Much-Right-Now'.

During the opening hook, her voice is coarse, muffled and screaming. It's rough and rugged and ready to shake up radio. She's been confirmed as a performer at this years MTV VMA's. They'll be amazing. If her performance is anything like 'Deja Vu' at the BET Awards, it'll ensure that she becomes the Legend that she's always wanted to be. I'm praying to God that this album will be here 'Thriller'. Perhaps that's a little hopeful, but all the teen icons are now growing up (ie. Christina, Justin, Beyonce, Pink) and it's time they pull out the big guns if they want to follow suit of Michael, Janet, Madonna, Whitney.

Beyonce has definitely taken a risk. But it's one she needed. Wipe away those lovey dovey songs and give us some grit. Totally. Fucking. Hot. Strange marketing, but let's see how it pans out. 'Deja Vu' to the Top 5 in 7 weeks on the Billboard Chart. You can't get anymore spectacular than that. It's her time. Wait for it.

Tell me how should I feel
When I know what I know
And my female intuition
Telling me you a dog
People told me 'bout the flames
I couldn’t see through the smoke
When I need answers
Accusations? What you mean you gonna choke?

Tell me how should I feel
When you made me belong
And the thought of you just touchin' her
Is what I hate most
I don’t want you but I want it and I can’t let it go
To know you give it to her like you gave it to me, come on


PunkOnAir : Beyonce - 'Ring The Alarm'
[constant repeat]

posted by Christopher at 10:41 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

About Me

My Photo
Name: Christopher
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

View my complete profile

Previous Posts

  • I Want To Please You. Please You, Baby.
  • Neon Nights
  • No Deja Vu Just Me And My....
  • Smoking Cigarettes
  • Crazy In Fuckin' Love. Word.
  • What’s the point of wearing someone else’s skin?
  • That's hot babe!
  • Mulan's Decision
  • A defining moment will come
  • The good and the bad

Archives

  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • October 2006
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • May 2007

// Now if I wrote you a love note / and made you smile with every word I wrote / What would you do? //


Everybody says // Nothing comes too easy // But when you got it baby // Nothing comes too hard