Where there's fire, there's danger
Finally! A relationship where I can discuss how I'm really feeling, and not be afraid of emotional shutdown. My insecurities can be addressed and I can be put at ease, for I'm not the only one feeling the emotional strain of conducting a relationship across state borders.
I feel so happy that I can be totally open with Brad, and tell him how I really feel about whatever situation. I mean, it's not 'reassuring' to know that he has exactly the same insecurities as me, because ideally, I wouldn't want there to be any insecurities whatsoever. Alas, there are, but at least we can discuss how we feel.
I just thought to myself 'fuck it, why bother with pride and sugar coating how I really feel' when at the end of the day, a relationship is best when the two parties know exactly how the other feels. Without that, you can't have trust, and hence a basis for a healthy relationship. It's comforting to know that even not being face to face, we can address these issues, because when we finally are together, it should be even better.
I don't want to waste time hiding how I really feel, for hiding real emotions spurs the possibility of a build up of tension, and an increase of resentment. I've been there before, and I'm not going back. I'm learning from my mistakes. Brad is teaching me so many things about communication, I never thought were possible. He amazes me.
I feel so happy that I can be totally open with Brad, and tell him how I really feel about whatever situation. I mean, it's not 'reassuring' to know that he has exactly the same insecurities as me, because ideally, I wouldn't want there to be any insecurities whatsoever. Alas, there are, but at least we can discuss how we feel.
I just thought to myself 'fuck it, why bother with pride and sugar coating how I really feel' when at the end of the day, a relationship is best when the two parties know exactly how the other feels. Without that, you can't have trust, and hence a basis for a healthy relationship. It's comforting to know that even not being face to face, we can address these issues, because when we finally are together, it should be even better.
I don't want to waste time hiding how I really feel, for hiding real emotions spurs the possibility of a build up of tension, and an increase of resentment. I've been there before, and I'm not going back. I'm learning from my mistakes. Brad is teaching me so many things about communication, I never thought were possible. He amazes me.

1 Comments:
Communication and honesty is the key, mister. And you know what? You are teaching me as well. We both have plenty to learn from each other. I think we have a great base to build on. And you are right. . . things can only get better. xxx
Post a Comment
<< Home