Our Troubles Will Be Miles Away
And so this is Christmas...
It doesn't really feel like Christmas. But in realisation, I don't really feel anything right now but emptiness. This isn't supposed to be a depressing entry... I had an awesome night with the family, laughing through mass, singing harmonies in falsetto with Mum, making her laugh and remind her of how my grandmother would sing through church at the top of her tiny lungs.
We all sat around the dinner table tonight, and as always, I realised how much my family means to me. How much I respect them, and pray that I make them happy, and proud. Looking around the house, I could feel how much love my parents have for my sister and I, and for each other. My father had put up Christmas lights all around the frame of the house exterior, something my mother has always wanted. My mother was so proud of her beautiful new tree, glistening baubles, twinkling lights and mesmerising tinsel.
This year has definitely been a turbulent one. My 21st year. I've learnt so much, loved so much, lost so much. From my family, I've learnt that real love is ever-unconditional. And that smiles and laughter are the epicenter of what has made me the person I am. I will never let anyone take that away from me.
I sleep alone tonight. Waiting to realise happiness.
Merry Christmas guys. Be safe. Be happy.
xxx
PunkOnAir : Diana Krall - Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
It doesn't really feel like Christmas. But in realisation, I don't really feel anything right now but emptiness. This isn't supposed to be a depressing entry... I had an awesome night with the family, laughing through mass, singing harmonies in falsetto with Mum, making her laugh and remind her of how my grandmother would sing through church at the top of her tiny lungs.
We all sat around the dinner table tonight, and as always, I realised how much my family means to me. How much I respect them, and pray that I make them happy, and proud. Looking around the house, I could feel how much love my parents have for my sister and I, and for each other. My father had put up Christmas lights all around the frame of the house exterior, something my mother has always wanted. My mother was so proud of her beautiful new tree, glistening baubles, twinkling lights and mesmerising tinsel.
This year has definitely been a turbulent one. My 21st year. I've learnt so much, loved so much, lost so much. From my family, I've learnt that real love is ever-unconditional. And that smiles and laughter are the epicenter of what has made me the person I am. I will never let anyone take that away from me.
I sleep alone tonight. Waiting to realise happiness.
Merry Christmas guys. Be safe. Be happy.
xxx
PunkOnAir : Diana Krall - Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas

2 Comments:
merry christmas darling. the past two days have been special. i've felt love i've never experienced before. *kiss*
ahh even with the craziness of my family... i guess their just a loving bunch of people...
merry christmas.
dx.
Post a Comment
<< Home