The Punk Revelations

Your phrases | Descriptive | And through the textured words | With beauty | You post it | And use such coloured verbs | So tell me | You think that | Maybe we've gone insane | To find a lover | And through the words of pain | We've never met

 

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Are you ready?

After my 'drama free' day on Saturday at work, I was a lot more relaxed and chilled than usual, which was great. I was in the mood for a quiet night in actually, trying to forget all the engagements that I was required to go to... Piker. Imma needed to go home and fix the house for her Father. As she hasn't spent proper time with her family in weeks. I got a call at around 9pm, telling me that she'd called Peta and we were all going out as it was Peta's first Saturday off in over a year. I felt quite energised, so I didn't realise how time had passed. After waiting for the girls to get ready, and meeting at my place, we chilled for a bit, listening to some r'n'b. So Chalks, Imma, Peta and I decided to leave for a nice night at Hairy Canary at about 11:30pm.

Driving in the car, we were all pretty hyperactive, and all I wanted to do was drink. We had a bottle of red, everyone was getting a bit hilarious. Feral hicks from the burbs staring at Peta was so not cool. And, as being her date for the night, I put my arm around her and we flirted. Quan rocked up after a few drinks, in his baker boy hat that I stole to wear. Jimmy 'Danger' met up with us after his gig too, and it turned into a couples fest. Peta and I were just left there looking awkward. We decided to both try and flirt with the a-sexual bar-tender to find out his orientation. She won. Well duh, even if he was gay she'd still win. My night was interspersed with short-yet-sweet calls to Budley. Everytime I'd get up from the table, Imma would be like... 'Brad?... So cute'. Yes indeed. The second time I spoke to him, I realised how time had flown, it was 3:30am.

After we became quite heavily intoxicated, we headed home. Everything from now was a bit of a blur. We had an altercation with some hicks outside Hairy Canary, who we told to fuck off otherwise we've pull out our ninja stars. That was funny. I was starving, so we drove to Victoria Street Macca's for some drive through.

The carpark was full of cars waiting for drive through, all playing their music really loud, so after some shoe photo-taking (a homage to Imma's famous onesixone shoe photo) we pumped Janet's new track. I was busting for a piss, so I ran to a wall outside the carpark and pissed. I'm not sure who saw me, and anyway, in my state of intoxication, I didn't care. I ordered my usual and we headed home. All sitting around the dining table, I became a little delirious and started laughing at everything. The crew needed to leave, as it was Father's Day, and we had all planned not to be hung over or tired for our families. Too late.

Fell asleep to Brad passing out over the phone. Twice. Good times.

Sunday. Father's day. The night previous I had booked to go to Bistro Vite on Southgate, which my top VIP owns. The weather was a bit chilly, and I was concerned for Mum and Dad. I'd requested a table outside, but we asked to change and it was fine. It reminded me so much of when I was young on our trip to Paris, lunching with my parents. Funny that, as it was a French restaurant. Anyway, Darren helped us out with menu selections, and he was lovely. Our meal was awesome. By the way, escargot? Escar-no. Ew. Thankfully, now that I've tried it, I don't have to try it again. I had the Coq Au Vin. I have to admit though, it's got nothing on Chalks' Coq Au Vin. Argh. Now I'm craving it.

After the meal, the family trekked to Victoria Gardens to see 'Fearless' starring Jet Li. The martial arts was choreographed superbly. The feel of the movie though was a little cliche, and there was no one hot in it. Lol. It would've been better if the story had been adapted in the style of 'Hero' or '...Flying Daggers'. It just came off a bit too Hollywood and cheap at times.

I passed out at home, as I'd only had about 3 hours of sleep, and we had a big night planned ahead, with Lexington hosting the Motorola Spring Fashion Week Launch. Liam came over and hung out in my room after he finished work. Chalks was coming in and out, as he was moving bits and pieces into the Parkville digs. I didn't move from my bed until Imma and Peta came over at about 8. The launch begun at 7:30, and it was pouring with rain outside. We potted about, trying to decide by arguing, what we would do. We all got glammed up and headed to The Lexington for a drink. By the time we rocked up it was about 10pm, and it was trashy. I forgot how bad Melbounites get at fashion parties. The room was filled with either trashy b-grade celebs, models or gay guys. The DJ needed to be shot. The only redeeming tracks being Beyonce's 'Crazy In Love'... and some Prince.

After the boys realised how crappy the music was, and busting James and Monica on their first 'couple' outing, we headed outside to decide where to head next, we weren't ready to leave without a boogie. After much deliberation, onesixone was the way to go. I'd only had a few glasses of red to drink. I was suprised how much I wanted to dance. I guess it hasn't been since Imma's birthday that I've really hit the floor.

Onesixone was quite busy, and as none of us had been there on a Sunday before, we were shocked. We all got a drink from the bar, and checked out the crowd. It was pretty typical onesix. Beautiful people, all ages, with fuck off attitudes. To my dismay, there was nobody on the dancefloor...

'Liam, doesn't anyone dance on Sunday's?'

'Nah man, they just don't know how.'

Imma and I headed straight for the floor. Fuck that, if we were going to have a good night, we were gonna start early. Laid Back's 'White Pony' came on, and after listening to Monifah's 'Touch It' over the past few days, Imma and I lost it. We broke out. Dancing like muthafuckers. Imma and Tave joined us, and the four of us started rockin' onesix. Hot Hot Hot. Within two more tracks, the floor was full. Imma and I were proud. For some reason, I couldn't stop dancing, once again, I hadn't had much to drink. But I guess I'm paying for it now with a really sore back, and leg muscles that feel like they could pull a truck.

They played an awesome funk/dirty house mix of Kelis' new song 'Bossy'. And to be honest, I wasn't such a fan, but after hearing the remix, I'm obsessed. That girl has sass. Read the lyrics... Later on, some guy started dancing with me, which freaked me out for numerous reasons. You don't go to onesix to pick up unless you're Liam
(well I don't anyway, I've got Bud). You go for the music. He also had no rhythm. I mean, he was dancing like a crazy biatch, but as Imma said...

'He could dance, but he was jumping around like a monkey fighter'

Hahaha! We bailed on onesix at around 2, and headed to Supper Inn for some Asian....food. Since they were shutting at 2:30, we got it to take away and headed back to Parkville. We all sat around the table, and things got a little weird. Everyone was really tired and delusional. There was a lot of talking, and Liam being Liam, Imma being Imma, and Jimmy being Jimmy, a few disagreements started. But it was all good. We calmed everything down, and everyone was like family again. Liam passed out on my bed, so we took some soon-to-be-torturous-to-Liam photos...


Everyone ended up crashing at my place. Imma and Jimmy slept downstairs, while Liam, Peta and I slept in my room. I never thought I'd see the day that I'd be sleeping next to Liam. Urrgh. Peta on the other hand.... Lol. So I slept in the middle, as there was no way in hell Peta would let Liam and his wandering hands (which I was strangely subjected to throughout the night) sleep next to her.

Liam went to work the next morning, and the rest of us slept 'til after 12. Woke up to a really nice message from Brad, and so as soon as I got up, I called him. God bless. Any call with him, and I'm just so relaxed. We then all had tea and coffee before everyone headed off.

So Monday night, I pick up Chalks for work, which strangely felt great. It's been a long time. After the GPO VIP night, Imma and Jimmy came straight over for some dinner. Liam was coming too, but he'd gone to pick up Peta... from Eltham... Can anyone spell Love? I'd gotten some take away from Ling Nam on Little Bourke. Honestly, can our lives get anymore Asian right now?


'Got me lookin' so Asian right now, you've got me all datin' an Asian right now, your food has got me eatin' Asian right now...'
was what Imma and I sang all night to Beyonce's 'Crazy In Love'.

We ended up having a few drinks, and before we knew it, it was 4am and everyone was passing out again in my room. Imma wouldn't have a bar of it, and high-tailed everyone out of there. Tuesday morning became a disaster, as after dropping off Peta in Eltham and collecting some clothes from her house, Imma and Jimmy came back to Parkville to rest, at like 5am. Liam went straight home to bed. I woke up a little late, and rushed myself getting ready. Imma had decided to rock up late to work, which was fine, until I rang Liam while I was one the tram...

*muffle and rustling*

'Dean?...'

'Liam?...'

'What time is it man?'

'Quarter to ten!?'

*more muffle and rustling*

'Holy fuck, okay I'm getting ready...'

Imma ended up having to come in straight away, while Liam took his sweet time. Lol. So I was standing at work, ready to collapse. I was alright though surprisingly, and since I'm writing this entry right now, I've lasted pretty well, I'd say. For my lunch break, I wasn't really in the mood to eat, as I'd eaten enough to give birth to as many rainbow babies as Angelina wants, or Brad wants... :-P, so I headed to the GPO store and tried to sleep on their lovely carpeted back room. Liam gave me Nando's chips to eat too. Like a fuckin' squatter. It turned into Imma just talking to me most of the time, but it was good to lie down.

Oh my God, have I been that out of touch with my surroundings to not have noticed this? 8 levels high, of Kate Moss AND a hot male Calvin model. Send me to Nike Town anytime you want. Ooooh yeah.

I've put on weight over the past few days. My back is ripped after onesix, and I'm looking a bit more meaty and substantial. Time to work out and tan. As Quan and Chalks also said, I'm looking forward to the trip to Sydney at the end of the month too. Gotta look hot. I don't wanna go there looking dowdy. 'Dowdy'? What a motherly word. Lol.

So that's been my past couple of days. I'm buggered. I was supposed to have Jury duty tomorrow, but it's been postponed until Thursday. That will give me a break from work hopefully. I'm soo hanging for the new Justin album now (September 9). Can't wait to spin it on September 24th. ;-). That, or the Hi-5 album.

We have yet another fashion launch tomorrow night. I can't keep doing this, but you gotta love Fashion Week in Melbourne. Or hate it. They're passing out the Herald Sun Fashion Week liftouts in all the showbags for the week. Hateful. We're up to a total of 5 people who have randomly recognised me from there. I'd like it more if I didn't sound like such a dick in the article, and my face wasn't so fucked-up-i'm-about-to-talk-as-the-photo's-being-taken. Need rest. Need food.


PunkOnAir : Justin Timberlake Feat. T.I. - My Love

posted by Christopher at 8:28 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

About Me

My Photo
Name: Christopher
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

View my complete profile

Previous Posts

  • Come A Little Closer
  • Seems Like It Was Yesterday...
  • A Head
  • Back To Reality
  • What have you done for D lately?
  • I just wanna take a picture.
  • Monday.
  • Let's Get It On (Part I)
  • I don't wanna be here.
  • Thinking Of Tomorrow; With The Sunset In Your Eyes

Archives

  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • October 2006
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • May 2007

// Now if I wrote you a love note / and made you smile with every word I wrote / What would you do? //


Everybody says // Nothing comes too easy // But when you got it baby // Nothing comes too hard