Come A Little Closer
I declared today 'a drama free' day. My own effort to subside the craziness of the past few weeks. Ignore the issues and concentrate on having a successful Saturday at work. No more of the dredgy, complacency about life.
After a heavy night of eating and talking, Imma and I stumbled out of bed, constantly changing the alarm on my phone, to give us that extra 45 minutes.
'I don't need to do my hair... I'll be fine', Imma kept muttering from under her pillow.
After waking up to another day of warm radiant sunshine, we were both quite rejuvenated by the time we got to work. The day went by at a good pace. We had a great little rush which was reminiscent of the old-school AG days, where the whole day was spent with a store full of customers, blaring sexy-house, and sales of multiple full-prices items. I didn't let myself get too involved with everyone's issues, and all except for a phone call from Paulina which almost made me end up hating the world for all the curses it brings upon innocent people, it ended up being a really nice day. The vibe in the store was chirpy and friendly, with lots of laughter with customers.
Walking through the GPO was amazing today, as they have begun their Spring Installation. Yellow and white birds (I don't know birds, so I won't even try to name them) kept in dozens of suspended bird cages hanging high up from the roof of the building. It's like an Avery. The sound is absolutely gorgeous. It is the most relaxing feeling. It's a genius idea. Albeit a little freaky. Love it.
I'm so tired right now though, having not had a good nights sleep in over two weeks. Every night I contemplate not going out, and spending quality time with myself and my blog. As what I decided to do this afternoon while at work. But alas, I'm going out with Imma and Peta for a drink. Somewhere understated and quiet, so I can relax and just reflect. Crazy lights and thumping music could make me vomit right now, so that's out of the question. And after all the family drama, I don't really want to spend father's day coming down, or hung over like a bitch. A civil night out. That's all I want.

I am so happy after Brad's trip to Melbourne. Everyone loves him and it's going well. The boy is special. I sat around at home after work, with a multitude of friends around me, while they all asked about him and inquired about him. I love it, because he's awesome and I love showing off what I've got, and because I get so excited (Janet reference - 20 Y.O. released September 26) whenever I think of him. But then at the same time, talking about him makes me miss him more than I already do, and the distance kills me. I can't just pick him up from work, I can't kiss him goodnight, I can't meet him for lunch, I can't just lay my head in his lap. It's all good though, as I know that when I do see him, it will be all the more thrilling. Everyone asks how I cope with him being so far away and each other going out and socialising without each other. After knowing that he gets along with my friends so well, and that they love him, I'm at ease. I want him to go out, and have fun, in the knowledge that I'm here having fun too. It's cool to know that someone is out there having fun and thinking of you.

I hope he knows that I'm thinking of him. :-)
PunkOnAir : Beyonce Featuring Luther Vandross - The Closer I Get To You
After a heavy night of eating and talking, Imma and I stumbled out of bed, constantly changing the alarm on my phone, to give us that extra 45 minutes.
'I don't need to do my hair... I'll be fine', Imma kept muttering from under her pillow.
After waking up to another day of warm radiant sunshine, we were both quite rejuvenated by the time we got to work. The day went by at a good pace. We had a great little rush which was reminiscent of the old-school AG days, where the whole day was spent with a store full of customers, blaring sexy-house, and sales of multiple full-prices items. I didn't let myself get too involved with everyone's issues, and all except for a phone call from Paulina which almost made me end up hating the world for all the curses it brings upon innocent people, it ended up being a really nice day. The vibe in the store was chirpy and friendly, with lots of laughter with customers.
Walking through the GPO was amazing today, as they have begun their Spring Installation. Yellow and white birds (I don't know birds, so I won't even try to name them) kept in dozens of suspended bird cages hanging high up from the roof of the building. It's like an Avery. The sound is absolutely gorgeous. It is the most relaxing feeling. It's a genius idea. Albeit a little freaky. Love it.I'm so tired right now though, having not had a good nights sleep in over two weeks. Every night I contemplate not going out, and spending quality time with myself and my blog. As what I decided to do this afternoon while at work. But alas, I'm going out with Imma and Peta for a drink. Somewhere understated and quiet, so I can relax and just reflect. Crazy lights and thumping music could make me vomit right now, so that's out of the question. And after all the family drama, I don't really want to spend father's day coming down, or hung over like a bitch. A civil night out. That's all I want.

I am so happy after Brad's trip to Melbourne. Everyone loves him and it's going well. The boy is special. I sat around at home after work, with a multitude of friends around me, while they all asked about him and inquired about him. I love it, because he's awesome and I love showing off what I've got, and because I get so excited (Janet reference - 20 Y.O. released September 26) whenever I think of him. But then at the same time, talking about him makes me miss him more than I already do, and the distance kills me. I can't just pick him up from work, I can't kiss him goodnight, I can't meet him for lunch, I can't just lay my head in his lap. It's all good though, as I know that when I do see him, it will be all the more thrilling. Everyone asks how I cope with him being so far away and each other going out and socialising without each other. After knowing that he gets along with my friends so well, and that they love him, I'm at ease. I want him to go out, and have fun, in the knowledge that I'm here having fun too. It's cool to know that someone is out there having fun and thinking of you.
I hope he knows that I'm thinking of him. :-)
PunkOnAir : Beyonce Featuring Luther Vandross - The Closer I Get To You

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home