Love Will Never Do...
It's funny how I don't feel like writing when I'm happy. Even this entry is a bit forced. I wonder why we find it so compelling to write through our pain. I must say, I'm really happy right now. And my writing may lack in it's emotional quality.
After trying to work out my countdown to the new Janet album release, and how I'm going to schedule a discography retrospective, I realised that her strongest albums have always been during times of oppression or heartbreak i.e. 'Control' & 'The Velvet Rope'. Her happy albums like 'All For You', kind of lacked grip in some way. Her lyrical content just isn't as thought provoking when she's enjoying life. I guess happiness just makes your mind wander, and forget about insecurities and everything that you find wrong within yourself... You've got other things on your mind. Like, love, or friends, or family. Whatever it is that makes you happy.
I guess you can look at 'The Velvet Rope' and see a creative masterpiece. One built on turmoil and grief. I'd also like to be able to look at 'All For You' and see another masterpiece, it may not be as dark and confronting, but it's a masterpiece built on the positives of life. Everything in my life right now is either about Janet or Brad, so forgive me if everything I write relates to one or the other.
I bought the limited edition 'Janet - Call On Me' single off Amazon. It's expected here by next Christmas sometime... Something freakin' far away like that... I can't believe it takes so long, but at least I'm gonna get one, they're only releasing it for a week or two... Thankfully it sports the hottest cover with both Janet & Nelly on it too.
I'm having a really lazy two days. It's been such a long time since I spent my 'weekend' alone. Melbourne has had some really nice weather. Cool breezes, sunny days... I've just been lounging around Park Drive, watching TV, eating junk, listening to music. It reminds me of the days I wagged at school. I'd stay at home and just bludge. I've been crashing on the couch with my Peter A's, reading snippets of 'The Jesus Man', listening to interviews and watching live performances of Janet, skipping with my new rope and talking to Brad on the phone. After all the drama of the past few months, it's such a relief to know that normality is still a possibility in my life. Oh, and just to let you know, my happiness right now, feels like a masterpiece.
10 Days, 2 hours, 8 minutes...
PunkOnAir : Janet Jackson Featuring Kanye West - My Baby
After trying to work out my countdown to the new Janet album release, and how I'm going to schedule a discography retrospective, I realised that her strongest albums have always been during times of oppression or heartbreak i.e. 'Control' & 'The Velvet Rope'. Her happy albums like 'All For You', kind of lacked grip in some way. Her lyrical content just isn't as thought provoking when she's enjoying life. I guess happiness just makes your mind wander, and forget about insecurities and everything that you find wrong within yourself... You've got other things on your mind. Like, love, or friends, or family. Whatever it is that makes you happy.
I guess you can look at 'The Velvet Rope' and see a creative masterpiece. One built on turmoil and grief. I'd also like to be able to look at 'All For You' and see another masterpiece, it may not be as dark and confronting, but it's a masterpiece built on the positives of life. Everything in my life right now is either about Janet or Brad, so forgive me if everything I write relates to one or the other.
I bought the limited edition 'Janet - Call On Me' single off Amazon. It's expected here by next Christmas sometime... Something freakin' far away like that... I can't believe it takes so long, but at least I'm gonna get one, they're only releasing it for a week or two... Thankfully it sports the hottest cover with both Janet & Nelly on it too.I'm having a really lazy two days. It's been such a long time since I spent my 'weekend' alone. Melbourne has had some really nice weather. Cool breezes, sunny days... I've just been lounging around Park Drive, watching TV, eating junk, listening to music. It reminds me of the days I wagged at school. I'd stay at home and just bludge. I've been crashing on the couch with my Peter A's, reading snippets of 'The Jesus Man', listening to interviews and watching live performances of Janet, skipping with my new rope and talking to Brad on the phone. After all the drama of the past few months, it's such a relief to know that normality is still a possibility in my life. Oh, and just to let you know, my happiness right now, feels like a masterpiece.
10 Days, 2 hours, 8 minutes...
PunkOnAir : Janet Jackson Featuring Kanye West - My Baby

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home