70 Rupees To Paradise Road Part 2
Continued from 70 Rupees To Paradise Road Part 1
Sunday was our excursion day. With a car, a beautiful day, and a beautiful boy, I couldn't think of anything better than trekking down the coast and spending time with him lapping up the beautiful scenery. On our way out, we decided on breakfast at Broadway, so we could pick out some gifts for his sister and his nieces. After much deliberation and confusion, we decided on chocolates and giftcards for the girls, and a candle scent thingy for his sister (all belated birthday gifts). Driving down the coast with Brad was really cool. Talking about anything, about nothing, about everything...
I don't think I've mentioned this before, but Brad is one of those people that when you talk to them, no matter what you're talking about, they know something about the issue. I don't think he'd ever say 'uh, I have no idea about anything on this topic...' So he always makes really interesting conversation.
Our first stop on the way to wherever we were headed (we hadn't solidly planned out our day) was at the Bulli Lookout, a small swerve off the highway and onto the edge of this cliff with a cute little cafe. The scenery was breathtaking. Looking around at the coast, the town below, leading into the trees, then the steep cliff running up to the lookout... Whoa! I forgot that I used to be afraid of heights... I'm nowhere near as bad as I used to be, so that's good. We hung out there for awhile, until more people turned up with their families. And we continued on our way.
Our next stop was Kiama. The town reminded me of a beautiful Melbourne beach town, mixed with the Dandenongs, with the cute terrace-like shops, the beach-shops and the barefoot locals. We parked up by the lighthouse, and watched over the blowhole. And by blowhole... I mean... blowhole. We trekked over the rocks that spread out into the water and sat on the highest/furthest point away from everyone, past the tourists, past the blowhole, past the fishermen. We sat and felt the breeze, the sun and each other. It's funny how those picturesque moments affect me. I don't think it happens to everyone, but I become a lot more reflective, more appreciative of what I have. I couldn't help but realise how lucky I was to be there with such a beautiful boy, who was actually happy to be there with me.
Seeing the fishermen made me a little peckish, so we went back to land and grabbed a fisherman's basket... And by fisherman's basket... I mean... Fish and chips. We almost ordered a full fisherman's basket, but was talked out of it by the guy taking our order. And thankfully so, since the a full fisherman's basket could feed Rwanda. We finished off the meal, trying time after time (subliminal Cyndi reference) to take a timed photograph on Brad's phone that didn't a) make me look really really Asian, b) exclude Brad from the photo as he ran to get in position in time and c) have a photo of the bench due to the phone falling over as Brad bumped the table as he ran around it. Good times. We headed back into the town and we walked barefoot (strangely romantic, looking back) through the shops, finding little odds and ends that you would never find anywhere else. I found out Brad likes Bonsai trees.
After trying to work out a St. George ATM in Filipino (don't ask me, as if I'd have a clue), we bumped out of Kiama and headed over to see Bradley's sister and nieces, Vickie, Jade & Hayley. Vickie was lovely and had an incredibly warm and loving home. Honestly, it was a bit strange, when they had all known Mark so well, and I was just this guy who they knew nothing about, but my fears we laid to rest as a game of touch footy in the backyard was called on by Hayley. Yeah... I know... Footy. Don't worry, I didn't play. So there were no injuries. Hehe.
Brad is amazing with children. Like, amazing. After seeing him with Jade and Hayley, I fell in love with him all over again.
Mark (Vickie's husband) and Hayley won the match, much to the disgust of Brad who wanted me to make unfair calls in his favour, and Jade who cracked it at the end, so much so that I feared for my genitals. Heading back inside, I felt a lot more comfortable and I think the girls felt more comfortable with me. Jade and I sat by the computer, as she worked on this scrabble/wordfind/tetris game on the computer. And in true nerd fashion, I was captivated. She's such an intelligent girl, as I watched her play, she refused to settle for a word, always looking for an improvement or alternative. Vickie made us something to eat, and after finishing, we headed home, as it was getting late. We contemplated going out for a drink, but I think we were both a little tired, so we just stayed in.
The weather prediction for Monday implied that there would be showers forming... Not a great outlook. But to our luck, it stayed sunny and warm. We took the day on really relaxed, without a need to rush or do planned things. We decided to go sunbake and swim in Victoria Park, the park opposite Broadway. As we sunbaked we chatted, and I made sure Brad turned over every few minutes... Hehe. Before leaving, we decided we'd have a short swim, just to cool off. Brad ended up just throwing me about in the water... Cheeky bugger. One day he'll get his.
We headed back to Broadway and on the way, decided to grab some food from Coles and take it over to Centennial Park for an afternoon picnic. We got a roast chicken, salads, noodle salad, semi-dried tomatoes, olives, some wine and bread.. We even bought a picnic blanket (which wasn't actually a picnic blanket, but the closest thing). It was cool to go through the supermarkets and just point out random stuff that I liked, to see whether Brad was the same. We both have an obsession with MiGoreng. Strange. But cool.
By the time we got to centennial park, it was a little cooler and a bit more windy. So we positioned ourselves near a big bush thing that sheltered us from the oncoming wind. It worked perfectly. I ate like a banshee. We did pretty well considering how much food there was. Sitting there in Centennial Park, was so picturesque. Laying around with my gorgeous boyfriend, fooling around, laughing, chatting... I wish I could stay there forever... Until of course it got a bit chilly, so we packed up and headed home. Hehe.
Brad had made plans to meet with Andy and Drew. Andy is his longtime best friend, and Drew is his partner. There's always pressure meeting the partner's best friend. And even though I was told that there was nothing to worry about, being me, I still worried. Anyway, we were meeting them at Kuletos in Newtown. Brad and I just lay on each other on the couch, not wanting to go anywhere. But I knew we had to go, we couldn't pike on his best friend. So we got up and headed over to Newtown. They had been to Sleaze Ball on Sunday night, so we prepared ourselves for verbal torture as they told us the stories. But we managed to listen to how good it was and not fall into our seats in jealousy. We sat there with a few of their friends as there was a little 'Getting to know Dean 101'. It was all good. Andy is absolutely lovely, so nice and smiley. Drew is very cool too. They were both very welcoming and friendly. Brad was right, there was nothing to worry about.
Afterwards, it was back to Broadway. 'The Devil Wears Prada'. That's all. A simply stunning movie. It perhaps showed my shallow nature for fashion a little too well, but oh well. Are you telling me that Chanel dress wasn't fucking hot? I loved the way Merryl Streep played angry with her monotone voice.
'Whaay is nobody reaadyy? I just don't understand, it just confuses me...'
I spent most of the movie with my jaw on the floor. The outfits were perfection. I'll happily have a world influential fashion magazine, thanks.
Our last full day together was spent freely. I had started the countdown to my departure Monday night, but I really didn't want to think about it, as it was just spoiling my mood. It was just the thought of being apart from Brad for another three weeks or so... We met up with Craig who was settling into his new digs near Centennial Park, and went to Oxford Street for a lunch which actually turned out to be a few beers. I got quite tipsy after three beers (disgraceful, but it was lunch time). We headed to Bondi Junction, where Craig went off and did his grocery shopping and Brad and I just wandered around. We made the traditional trek to the Tiger Store, where I bought a new pair and was privileged enough to commence Brad's Tiger experience, with the black/white Tai Chi Tigers that I have myself. He seemed happy. The sales assistants were a bit fluffy, but in the end, were really nice. We both chose a wrist band too. It seemed like our lucky day, as the sales assistants gave us both free Tiger 'manbags'. I left a happy little camper.
Tuesday night we snuggled up on Brad's couch, and watched 'Poseidon'. A truly hopeless movie in terms of story line, though the special affects were really impressive. I loved sitting there with Brad's head on my shoulder, gently caressing his skin. Just the thought gives me goosebumps. :-P I still think about that night, and how hot it was.
By morning, the time had come. Back to reality, and back to the path away from paradise. We awoke early, as I was catching an early flight so I could go straight to work. Getting ready, all I could think of was how this situation would be so different if we lived in the same city, and how much I was going to miss this man who means so much to me. I put on my suit, my shirt... And was ready to go. My bags were packed, and we headed for the airport. I tried so hard not to cry. I tried to just walk away and pretend that I didn't feel like crap. It worked. We kissed and snuggled in the departure lounge...
He left before I got on the plane, and I knew why. I would do the same. He turned away, as did I. And all I could think was 'Fuck. I love him so much. Why does it hurt so much? Don't cry. Don't cry. If you're going to cry, put your sunnies on.' I sat in the plane and listened to my i-Pod 'Emo Mix'. Closed my eyes, and played Luther Vandross' & Beyonce's 'The Closer I Get To You'.
Until next time Boo.
PunkOnAir : Diana Krall - A Case Of You
Sunday was our excursion day. With a car, a beautiful day, and a beautiful boy, I couldn't think of anything better than trekking down the coast and spending time with him lapping up the beautiful scenery. On our way out, we decided on breakfast at Broadway, so we could pick out some gifts for his sister and his nieces. After much deliberation and confusion, we decided on chocolates and giftcards for the girls, and a candle scent thingy for his sister (all belated birthday gifts). Driving down the coast with Brad was really cool. Talking about anything, about nothing, about everything...
I don't think I've mentioned this before, but Brad is one of those people that when you talk to them, no matter what you're talking about, they know something about the issue. I don't think he'd ever say 'uh, I have no idea about anything on this topic...' So he always makes really interesting conversation.
Our first stop on the way to wherever we were headed (we hadn't solidly planned out our day) was at the Bulli Lookout, a small swerve off the highway and onto the edge of this cliff with a cute little cafe. The scenery was breathtaking. Looking around at the coast, the town below, leading into the trees, then the steep cliff running up to the lookout... Whoa! I forgot that I used to be afraid of heights... I'm nowhere near as bad as I used to be, so that's good. We hung out there for awhile, until more people turned up with their families. And we continued on our way.
Our next stop was Kiama. The town reminded me of a beautiful Melbourne beach town, mixed with the Dandenongs, with the cute terrace-like shops, the beach-shops and the barefoot locals. We parked up by the lighthouse, and watched over the blowhole. And by blowhole... I mean... blowhole. We trekked over the rocks that spread out into the water and sat on the highest/furthest point away from everyone, past the tourists, past the blowhole, past the fishermen. We sat and felt the breeze, the sun and each other. It's funny how those picturesque moments affect me. I don't think it happens to everyone, but I become a lot more reflective, more appreciative of what I have. I couldn't help but realise how lucky I was to be there with such a beautiful boy, who was actually happy to be there with me.
Seeing the fishermen made me a little peckish, so we went back to land and grabbed a fisherman's basket... And by fisherman's basket... I mean... Fish and chips. We almost ordered a full fisherman's basket, but was talked out of it by the guy taking our order. And thankfully so, since the a full fisherman's basket could feed Rwanda. We finished off the meal, trying time after time (subliminal Cyndi reference) to take a timed photograph on Brad's phone that didn't a) make me look really really Asian, b) exclude Brad from the photo as he ran to get in position in time and c) have a photo of the bench due to the phone falling over as Brad bumped the table as he ran around it. Good times. We headed back into the town and we walked barefoot (strangely romantic, looking back) through the shops, finding little odds and ends that you would never find anywhere else. I found out Brad likes Bonsai trees.
After trying to work out a St. George ATM in Filipino (don't ask me, as if I'd have a clue), we bumped out of Kiama and headed over to see Bradley's sister and nieces, Vickie, Jade & Hayley. Vickie was lovely and had an incredibly warm and loving home. Honestly, it was a bit strange, when they had all known Mark so well, and I was just this guy who they knew nothing about, but my fears we laid to rest as a game of touch footy in the backyard was called on by Hayley. Yeah... I know... Footy. Don't worry, I didn't play. So there were no injuries. Hehe.
Brad is amazing with children. Like, amazing. After seeing him with Jade and Hayley, I fell in love with him all over again.
Mark (Vickie's husband) and Hayley won the match, much to the disgust of Brad who wanted me to make unfair calls in his favour, and Jade who cracked it at the end, so much so that I feared for my genitals. Heading back inside, I felt a lot more comfortable and I think the girls felt more comfortable with me. Jade and I sat by the computer, as she worked on this scrabble/wordfind/tetris game on the computer. And in true nerd fashion, I was captivated. She's such an intelligent girl, as I watched her play, she refused to settle for a word, always looking for an improvement or alternative. Vickie made us something to eat, and after finishing, we headed home, as it was getting late. We contemplated going out for a drink, but I think we were both a little tired, so we just stayed in.
The weather prediction for Monday implied that there would be showers forming... Not a great outlook. But to our luck, it stayed sunny and warm. We took the day on really relaxed, without a need to rush or do planned things. We decided to go sunbake and swim in Victoria Park, the park opposite Broadway. As we sunbaked we chatted, and I made sure Brad turned over every few minutes... Hehe. Before leaving, we decided we'd have a short swim, just to cool off. Brad ended up just throwing me about in the water... Cheeky bugger. One day he'll get his.
We headed back to Broadway and on the way, decided to grab some food from Coles and take it over to Centennial Park for an afternoon picnic. We got a roast chicken, salads, noodle salad, semi-dried tomatoes, olives, some wine and bread.. We even bought a picnic blanket (which wasn't actually a picnic blanket, but the closest thing). It was cool to go through the supermarkets and just point out random stuff that I liked, to see whether Brad was the same. We both have an obsession with MiGoreng. Strange. But cool.
By the time we got to centennial park, it was a little cooler and a bit more windy. So we positioned ourselves near a big bush thing that sheltered us from the oncoming wind. It worked perfectly. I ate like a banshee. We did pretty well considering how much food there was. Sitting there in Centennial Park, was so picturesque. Laying around with my gorgeous boyfriend, fooling around, laughing, chatting... I wish I could stay there forever... Until of course it got a bit chilly, so we packed up and headed home. Hehe.
Brad had made plans to meet with Andy and Drew. Andy is his longtime best friend, and Drew is his partner. There's always pressure meeting the partner's best friend. And even though I was told that there was nothing to worry about, being me, I still worried. Anyway, we were meeting them at Kuletos in Newtown. Brad and I just lay on each other on the couch, not wanting to go anywhere. But I knew we had to go, we couldn't pike on his best friend. So we got up and headed over to Newtown. They had been to Sleaze Ball on Sunday night, so we prepared ourselves for verbal torture as they told us the stories. But we managed to listen to how good it was and not fall into our seats in jealousy. We sat there with a few of their friends as there was a little 'Getting to know Dean 101'. It was all good. Andy is absolutely lovely, so nice and smiley. Drew is very cool too. They were both very welcoming and friendly. Brad was right, there was nothing to worry about.
Afterwards, it was back to Broadway. 'The Devil Wears Prada'. That's all. A simply stunning movie. It perhaps showed my shallow nature for fashion a little too well, but oh well. Are you telling me that Chanel dress wasn't fucking hot? I loved the way Merryl Streep played angry with her monotone voice.
'Whaay is nobody reaadyy? I just don't understand, it just confuses me...'
I spent most of the movie with my jaw on the floor. The outfits were perfection. I'll happily have a world influential fashion magazine, thanks.
Our last full day together was spent freely. I had started the countdown to my departure Monday night, but I really didn't want to think about it, as it was just spoiling my mood. It was just the thought of being apart from Brad for another three weeks or so... We met up with Craig who was settling into his new digs near Centennial Park, and went to Oxford Street for a lunch which actually turned out to be a few beers. I got quite tipsy after three beers (disgraceful, but it was lunch time). We headed to Bondi Junction, where Craig went off and did his grocery shopping and Brad and I just wandered around. We made the traditional trek to the Tiger Store, where I bought a new pair and was privileged enough to commence Brad's Tiger experience, with the black/white Tai Chi Tigers that I have myself. He seemed happy. The sales assistants were a bit fluffy, but in the end, were really nice. We both chose a wrist band too. It seemed like our lucky day, as the sales assistants gave us both free Tiger 'manbags'. I left a happy little camper.
Tuesday night we snuggled up on Brad's couch, and watched 'Poseidon'. A truly hopeless movie in terms of story line, though the special affects were really impressive. I loved sitting there with Brad's head on my shoulder, gently caressing his skin. Just the thought gives me goosebumps. :-P I still think about that night, and how hot it was.
By morning, the time had come. Back to reality, and back to the path away from paradise. We awoke early, as I was catching an early flight so I could go straight to work. Getting ready, all I could think of was how this situation would be so different if we lived in the same city, and how much I was going to miss this man who means so much to me. I put on my suit, my shirt... And was ready to go. My bags were packed, and we headed for the airport. I tried so hard not to cry. I tried to just walk away and pretend that I didn't feel like crap. It worked. We kissed and snuggled in the departure lounge...
He left before I got on the plane, and I knew why. I would do the same. He turned away, as did I. And all I could think was 'Fuck. I love him so much. Why does it hurt so much? Don't cry. Don't cry. If you're going to cry, put your sunnies on.' I sat in the plane and listened to my i-Pod 'Emo Mix'. Closed my eyes, and played Luther Vandross' & Beyonce's 'The Closer I Get To You'.
Until next time Boo.
PunkOnAir : Diana Krall - A Case Of You

1 Comments:
OK, so now I'm all emotional. It's funny, but reading this and seeing everything you were thinking during your stay. . . made me feel so good, so happy. Any worries I had about whether we are doing the right thing and whether we can survive so far away from each other have all just completely disappeared. I am so in love with you Dean, and I want us to be together. It can never come too soon. . . . See you in 3 days, 8 1/2 hours, baby.
Post a Comment
<< Home