The Punk Revelations

Your phrases | Descriptive | And through the textured words | With beauty | You post it | And use such coloured verbs | So tell me | You think that | Maybe we've gone insane | To find a lover | And through the words of pain | We've never met

 

Friday, October 20, 2006

It's Just You And Me

Why the hell do we go psychotic when we're in love?

I was peeing in the carpark toilets this afternoon, in the disabled toilet because it's cleaner and solitary. The blue light running down the wall of the bathroom caught my eye and I looked up to be blinded by a neon blue bulb that ran across the ceiling. Almost like the calming sight of sky blue.

Driving home after a tiresome and boring day at work, I came to rest at a busy Melbourne intersection. Letting my mind wander off my thoughts of Australian Idol, what was for dinner and whether or not I had scratched my new Dolce & Gabbana shoes, I looked up to see a beautiful fully-leafed tree, surrounded by light-blue skyline, juxtaposed against the 70's-esque brickwork of a private hospital. The world seemed so simple, just as it had when I was a young boy sitting in the back of my parents car, counting telegraph poles and falling asleep to the calming sight of sky blue. It made me wonder, when will we ever get back to the days when everything was so simple? Does everyone see the same unnecessarily complex traffic whirring around us? Does everyone want that feeling of the innocent child in the back seat?

- excerpt from 'The BlackPunk Revolution'
- Monday, November 08, 2004

I've got a new pair of Dolce shoes, and the scratches are imminent. I just want everything to be so much more simple. Work, family, friends, Love. I just want to look up. See that calming sight.


PunkOnAir : Kelly Clarkson - Where Is Your Heart?

posted by Christopher at 11:59 PM

4 Comments:

Blogger Chalks said...

babe...
nothing feels right in my life at the moment.

2:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ditto. except for my Scanlan dress.
but like everything else, things will fall into place. remember those little games - with those little silver balls that you have to jiggle around and get onto holes?
we're like that from time to time.

that's right. we're all balls.

but you know what i mean...

3:00 PM  
Blogger Christopher said...

...talk about depressing comment section.

it was supposed to be somewhat of an uplifting and reassuring entry.

and yeah, we are all balls, and everything feels a little weird...except for my new Dolce's... Paulina, they're hot...

11:01 AM  
Blogger Chalks said...

balls...

11:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

About Me

My Photo
Name: Christopher
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

View my complete profile

Previous Posts

  • 70 Rupees To Paradise Road Part 2
  • Flashing Lights Come From Everywhere
  • Fever
  • I feel the heat from the fire
  • My baby
  • Where there's fire, there's danger
  • Mark my words.
  • 70 Rupees To Paradise Road Part 1
  • Total All Out Water
  • Rushing home to see your smiling face

Archives

  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • October 2006
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • May 2007

// Now if I wrote you a love note / and made you smile with every word I wrote / What would you do? //


Everybody says // Nothing comes too easy // But when you got it baby // Nothing comes too hard