You Trippin'?
I've just finished watching Ep 2 of 'Tripping Over'. Network Ten's new concept to save not only Australian Television, but revive the audience lost since 'The Secret Life Of Us' went haywire. Well, they've done well... I'm captivated, and trust me, that's an accomplishment, considering I haven't made myself sit down to watch any real television other than 'Tripping Over' in the last 5 or so months. 'The OC' Season 3 starts next week too, so that's my Tuesday and Wednesday nights planned for the next few months. Thank God. Finally, I'll save some money.
'Tripping Over' just seems to be a debaucherous and outlandish show, taking you on every turn to show you that traveling is bad. Just bad. Things go to shit, and deeds while you're young, end up following you and biting you in the arse when you're older. It's just life. Paulina and I should watch an episode together. We'd end up screaming at the television in agreement, or at least, in tears cradling in the fetal position on the couch, rocking back and forth, wallowing in each others tears.
Anyway... It's funny to watch for me, because every second shot is in Sydney, and little things will trigger memorable moments. Seeing Brad at The Oxford... That day in Hyde Park... The walk across the Sydney Harbour Bridge. Imma calls me 40 minutes into it.
Hey baby
Oh my God! I'm watching this Tripping Over! It's soo good! Oh my God, it's hot!
I know baby, I know..
Another 10 minutes later...
Dean.. I'm really emotional right now..
It's good isn't it.
No, you don't understand I'm tearing.
I'm tearing too babe.
Call you afterwards.
Yep.

So Imma is officially/unofficially my 2IC now, which is great. Finally someone I'm actually proud to work with. Someone I can trust. Anyway, last night the crew ventured out to Sumac Wharf for the American Crew Hairshow thingy... (I have no idea, there were free drinks and we were invited for free, so that's all that matters). I'd been a few seasons ago, and it was quite fun, so I thought that it'd be cool to go again. We all dressed up, shirts, dress pants, suits, dress shoes. The whole AG sha-bang. We rocked up to Sumac and were overdressed, but none of us cared. Everyone could tell we were from AG (we sponsored the night, or something.. there was a 6 minute parade with menswear and womens). To everyone I knew, and that we met, I introduced Imma as my 2IC, it felt great. Having her on my team, really feels like we'll work well together and kick some ass. Meanwhile, we had our photo taken about three times before we even entered, so we were having fun. ;-P
Imma got a lot of attention from her infamous dress. Say no more on pain of death. So there was no Stella this year, which I was bummed about, so I headed straight for the red wine. The place was filled with over-groomed hairstyles, prissy bitter gay men, Grant Pearce (include in last category), models, trashy retail sluts (us) and salon assistants. The parade started and we were occupied. Half of the models were customers of mine, with Vinnie (the blue eyed wog boy) really grabbin the girls attention. Mmhmm...
So after some more drinking and socialising, the family decided to venture to our local China town haunt 'Ling Nam'. We cracked jokes with the staff while Imma had her psycho steamed chicken, in alignment with her diet. Peta yelled out some offensive line in Vietnamese in the middle of Lt. Bourke Street that almost got us stabbed, but won her $500 dollars. We headed home, and while on the phone with Brad, I struggled to wriggle out of my suit pants and shirt, and my stupid womenswear belt (wraps three times around your waist - not an easy venture while intoxicated), and then proceeded to pass out on my bed.
PunkOnAir : All Saints - War Of Nerves
'Tripping Over' just seems to be a debaucherous and outlandish show, taking you on every turn to show you that traveling is bad. Just bad. Things go to shit, and deeds while you're young, end up following you and biting you in the arse when you're older. It's just life. Paulina and I should watch an episode together. We'd end up screaming at the television in agreement, or at least, in tears cradling in the fetal position on the couch, rocking back and forth, wallowing in each others tears.
Anyway... It's funny to watch for me, because every second shot is in Sydney, and little things will trigger memorable moments. Seeing Brad at The Oxford... That day in Hyde Park... The walk across the Sydney Harbour Bridge. Imma calls me 40 minutes into it.
Hey baby
Oh my God! I'm watching this Tripping Over! It's soo good! Oh my God, it's hot!
I know baby, I know..
Another 10 minutes later...
Dean.. I'm really emotional right now..
It's good isn't it.
No, you don't understand I'm tearing.
I'm tearing too babe.
Call you afterwards.
Yep.

So Imma is officially/unofficially my 2IC now, which is great. Finally someone I'm actually proud to work with. Someone I can trust. Anyway, last night the crew ventured out to Sumac Wharf for the American Crew Hairshow thingy... (I have no idea, there were free drinks and we were invited for free, so that's all that matters). I'd been a few seasons ago, and it was quite fun, so I thought that it'd be cool to go again. We all dressed up, shirts, dress pants, suits, dress shoes. The whole AG sha-bang. We rocked up to Sumac and were overdressed, but none of us cared. Everyone could tell we were from AG (we sponsored the night, or something.. there was a 6 minute parade with menswear and womens). To everyone I knew, and that we met, I introduced Imma as my 2IC, it felt great. Having her on my team, really feels like we'll work well together and kick some ass. Meanwhile, we had our photo taken about three times before we even entered, so we were having fun. ;-P
Imma got a lot of attention from her infamous dress. Say no more on pain of death. So there was no Stella this year, which I was bummed about, so I headed straight for the red wine. The place was filled with over-groomed hairstyles, prissy bitter gay men, Grant Pearce (include in last category), models, trashy retail sluts (us) and salon assistants. The parade started and we were occupied. Half of the models were customers of mine, with Vinnie (the blue eyed wog boy) really grabbin the girls attention. Mmhmm...So after some more drinking and socialising, the family decided to venture to our local China town haunt 'Ling Nam'. We cracked jokes with the staff while Imma had her psycho steamed chicken, in alignment with her diet. Peta yelled out some offensive line in Vietnamese in the middle of Lt. Bourke Street that almost got us stabbed, but won her $500 dollars. We headed home, and while on the phone with Brad, I struggled to wriggle out of my suit pants and shirt, and my stupid womenswear belt (wraps three times around your waist - not an easy venture while intoxicated), and then proceeded to pass out on my bed.
PunkOnAir : All Saints - War Of Nerves

1 Comments:
change my blog address on your linky thing, my coke-y dwarf.
Post a Comment
<< Home