Fountain, Tamiami, Key Largo, or Loradero?
Today I had my most successful day instore since becoming manager. You've gotta love the racing carnival. I'm fuckin' tired. It should've been my most stressful day ever. With everything that happened, I can't believe I'm emotionally intact, and less stressed than what I would normally be, on a Friday at work. One customer made me want to hit him. An arrogant, stocky Asian boy who came in at 6:20 last night (I told him we were closed, and made him leave), came in again tonight at 8pm, with all his mates. I asked what he was after, he said...
'I'm kinda lookin' for a suit'
By this time, I had already had 5 customers past 6pm come in wanting suits for tomorrow, Derby Day. Why do they all leave it to the last minute? And hardly anyone is an off-the-rack sort of customer.
'A suit for tomorrow?' I said, in shock.
'Yeah... maybe, I mean, I've got a couple of suits but I wouldn't mind having one tomorrow...'
They browsed for another 5 minutes before I piped up.
'So you want a suit for tomorrow right? You're going to need alterations most likely, so you don't have much time..'
'Uh really? Oh....' (really dumb voice)
'Yeah, really. So...'
He fuckin' took forever to choose, I basically had to take his card, charge him, make his decision for him, and take his suit down to the tailor, before he even got out of the fitting room. What was worse, he didn't even realise the extent I went to, to get his suit ready. To convince the tailor to take the work, to actually be bothered to serve him the first place. I so want to use the C word right now.
So irritating. I really dislike the general public sometimes.
Uh. I'm so drained.
But I love it. *sigh* All good. :-)
P.S. The Miami themed suit names are doing my head in.
'I'm kinda lookin' for a suit'
By this time, I had already had 5 customers past 6pm come in wanting suits for tomorrow, Derby Day. Why do they all leave it to the last minute? And hardly anyone is an off-the-rack sort of customer.
'A suit for tomorrow?' I said, in shock.
'Yeah... maybe, I mean, I've got a couple of suits but I wouldn't mind having one tomorrow...'
They browsed for another 5 minutes before I piped up.
'So you want a suit for tomorrow right? You're going to need alterations most likely, so you don't have much time..'
'Uh really? Oh....' (really dumb voice)
'Yeah, really. So...'
He fuckin' took forever to choose, I basically had to take his card, charge him, make his decision for him, and take his suit down to the tailor, before he even got out of the fitting room. What was worse, he didn't even realise the extent I went to, to get his suit ready. To convince the tailor to take the work, to actually be bothered to serve him the first place. I so want to use the C word right now.
So irritating. I really dislike the general public sometimes.
Uh. I'm so drained.
But I love it. *sigh* All good. :-)
P.S. The Miami themed suit names are doing my head in.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home